U-Turn is a steering component upgrade for Jeep® Wrangler TJ/LJ/XJ/ZJ lifted between 2 to 6″.
Its crossover design prevents steering toe variance resulting from changes to suspension height.
U-Turn minimizes bump steer, improves steering feel and eliminates the steering dead spot commonly associated with a lifted Jeep®.
- Manufactured using solid 4130 Chromoly steel for both the tie rod (1.375″ dia) and drag Link (1.25″ dia).
- The latest version has a black tie rod and drag link to differentiate it from earlier silver colored models.
- The drag link mount allows a full turning radius, lock to lock, matching the steering box.
- The drag link design provides clearance for the track bar/sway bar brackets. No bracket trimming is required.
- The mounting brackets bolt to the original steering knuckles. They are machined and TIG welded for strength.
- Fully compatible with stock, Rubicon Express Extreme Duty, or Full Traction track bars, along with most others that relocate the front track bar at the frame end.
- 100% bolt on application for TJ Dana 30/44 front axles with or without ABS.
- Moog Problem Solver tie rod ends for the drag link.
These are the same as the stock Jeep® tie rod end for the pitman arm which can be retained as a spare. The larger Moog Problem Solver ball and socket ends provide a longer service life and allow for a wide range of drag link mis-alignment.
Replacements are readily available at most auto parts stores, and on our web store.
Replacement Rod End Identification