The U-Turn™ steering upgrade kit replaces the stock tie rod and drag link, providing additional strength and improved responsiveness. Its crossover design prevents steering toe variance caused by changes to suspension height. U-Turn™ minimizes bump steer, improves steering feel and eliminates the steering dead spot commonly associated with a lifted Jeep®.
The upgrade kit includes steering knuckle mounting brackets and larger heavy duty ball and socket tie rod ends that provide a longer service life. The drag link mount allows for a full turning radius, lock to lock, matching the steering box. The drag link design provides clearance for the track bar/sway bar brackets, no trimming required.
This is a 100% bolt-on kit that can be easily removed to return the vehicle back to stock for resale.
Need to reinstall your U-Turn™?
If for any reason you need to reinstall your U-Turn™, such as changing axles or moving it to another vehicle, then the old aluminum crush collars should not be reused. It is also good practice to replace the 1/2″ cap screws, top lock nuts, and cotter pins. The U-Turn™ re-installation kit provides everything necessary to do so on a stock TJ, LJ, XJ, or ZJ axle.
- Solid straight 1.375″ heat treated chromoly steel tie rod.
- Solid 1.25″ heat treated chromoly steel drag link.
- Includes new Spicer tie rod ends for the tie rod and Moog Problem Solver tie rod ends for the drag link which allow for a wide range of alignment.
- Easily adjust toe-in by spinning tie rod.
- Black E-coated to prevent rust.
- Simple bolt-on installation for TJ Dana 30/44 front axles with or without ABS.